Generally speaking, I'm interested in distributed models of life and cognition, a topic which takes different forms depending on the disciplinary perspective adopted. I usually deal with complex dynamical systems endowed with predictive capabilities, embodied in natural (human) or artificial (robotic) systems, maintaining continuous sensorimotor interactions with their environment.
I thus develop computational models, at the interface between cognitive science domains, including computer science, psychology, neuroscience and robotics.
- Predictive coding
- Complex dynamical systems
- Topological (self-)organization
- Dissimilarity spaces
- Kernel methods
- Artificial sensorimotor systems (robots)
- Dynamical measures of performance (human psychology)
- Distributed anticipatory systems (multi-agent like)
- Active perception models
- Network based representations
- Statistical machine learning
- Active vision